Saturday, February 9, 2013

Laura's (or Mary's) Memories

I'm not sure if this was Mary or Laura.

Here are some very random memories:
  He sang how his friends would "say Howdy, Howdy and I would say Howdy"

I remember also taking water out to Dad in the field in a quart size jar.  Sometimes Mom would send some food out to the fields too.  I liked riding on the tractor with him or walking behind the land planer (or whatever it was called that smoothed out the ground). He would nap sometimes on the floor in the sunshine.  Sorry to say, I also remember sitting on his stomach with a bound while he was on the ground resting.  He never expressed anger about this rude awakening.  He did ask sometimes for me to walk on his back-- a try at a massage?  I remember he massaged my feet on car trips.  (Think he was worried I was cold because I'd take off my shoes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment